We all like a little sun now and then (especially for a special event like a wedding)but even in small doses our daily exposure adds up to an overall cumulative effect!
Exposure to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays causes damage to your skin, such as sunburn, wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes, dry skin, and age spots … and it also affects your body in far more nefarious ways. Skin cancer, which can appear as unsightly lesions, is a very real threat, especially for those tanning enthusiasts who partake regularly.
Does this mean you have to hermit yourself inside, never to feel the sun’s warm rays again? Of course not! Simply by being more sun savvy, you can protect your skin (and your health)! There are many easy steps you can take to keep your skin looking young and beautiful:
- Wear sunscreen … and apply generously
- Wear clothing that covers your skin … or a fancy sunhat!
- Stay away from tanning beds
- Avoid direct sun exposure during those peak hours (typically between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.)
- Take extra precaution near water and snow … these surfaces actually intensify the sun’s rays
If you’d like to learn more about the dangerous effects of tanning, contact our experts at EvolvMD MedSpa & Body Contouring! Call (414.479.0113) or message (email@example.com) us … we’d love to hear from you!